Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Excel

Put your headers in row 1 (nice descriptions)
Each person gets their own row (and just one row per person)
Each field gets its own column.

Salutation in column A
First Name in column B
middle name/initial in column C
last name in column D
Street address in E
Second address in F
City in G
state in H
zip in I

Add as many fields as you want, but make it as granular as it can be. (You can
always use a formula to combine fields: =a2 & " " & b2

Then do your data entry.

When you want to sort it, select all the columns that you used.
Data|Sort
click the header row option at the bottom
sort by the field(s) you want (you get up to 3 fields per sort)

====
Alternatively, you can select those columns and do
Data|filter|autofilter

You can use those dropdowns to show all the people who live in a certain city.

Data|filter|show all
to see everything

Morgan wrote:

I need to put together an address book in excel, but I dont know how to do it
alphabetically.

--

Dave Peterson