Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Default Auto Fill Pay Periods

Hi

I would hold start of Payroll year in a cell on the Sheet,say A1, with 12/12/04

And, supposing you enter the Pay period number in B1, 25
Then in the cell holding the heading you enter
="Report Dates "&Text(A1+B1*14,"mm/dd/yy")&" through
"&text(A1+B1*14+14,"mm/dd/yy")

Alternatively, instead of holding the startdate on th sheet,
InsertNameDefine Name Startdate Refers to =12/12/04
Substitute the word stardate for A1 in the 2 references in the above formula.

Regards

Roger Govier

bdehning wrote:
There must be a post already with answers but I can't seem to locate it so I
need some help.

I have an Excel Spreadsheet where I have field called Pay Period and would
be 1-26 for the year.

How do I set up the sheet so that when I enter a specific Pay Period, fields
for Report Dates_________ through ______________ are filled with the
correct 14 day period for that Pay Period entered?

For example if Pay Period 25 the fields would be 11/27/05 and 12/10/05.