Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Annmairi

Default Why is Excel getting hosed everytime I try to save my file?

Twice a month I update an Excel file to store our household finances and
bills when I pay bills. It has worked fine until about 2 months ago. When I
would close it, Excel would enter into Not Responding mode. I tried manually
saving the file before I close it and even while I am still working in it and
it still gets hosed. I can recover the file , thankfully, with the office
automatic recover feature, but it is very annoying.

Any ideas what is going on and what I can do to fix it?