Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
garry05

Default Syntax for using "IF"...

Trying to resolve a situation that I've got posted elsewhere on here;
maybe I can do it this way if someone can help me with the syntax for
using "IF".

Say that column G is numbered 1-5, and column H has values of 100, 133,
322, 440, 560.

I'll enter a number (1-5) in col A, and I want this to happen in col B,
and I'll express it in human language: If A2=3 then B2=322...If A1=5
then B1=560.

In other words, I post a number in A, then go search G for the same
number, then post the corresponding H value into B.

I've tried the syntax every way but the right way, I guess.

Thanks,
Garry

--
garry05