Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default Convert text to formula - Help pleaaase

The "'" at the start is a way of making sure it will work if you have sheet
names with spaces in them since excel automatically precede those with an
apostrophe (I assume you don't have sheet named Hello) by adding this you
can use whatever sheet name you want. The last pair "'!A1:B2" is because
INDIRECT needs them to make that string converted to a usable value. e.g.

=INDIRECT(A1) will not return what's in A1, INDIRECT("A1")
will

If A1 holds a reference like A2 then

=INDIRECT(A1)

will return what's in A2

Peo Sjoblom

"Ayrton" wrote in
message ...

Thanks a lot. your "grammar" does work but I am not sure why the "'" ...
are for? I cannot find this example in the help...

Anyways, thanks again

--
Ayrton
Ayrton's Profile: