Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default Convert text to formula - Help pleaaase

INDIRECT does work as long as the workbook with the sheets in question is
open

=SUM(INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!A1:B2"))

with the sheet name in A1

Peo Sjoblom

"Ayrton" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I have a formula such as "=sum(Hello!A1:B2)", where "Hello" is a
spreadsheet. I have a column with all the names of my spredsheets and I
need to use the same set of formula referencing to all of them, one by
one. I need to, either:

Replace the name of the preadsheet by a cell reference so I can use the
same fomula to call various spreadsheet.

or find a way to convert a text into a formula - to do the above, I can
use the "SUBSTITUTE" function into my formula but this is then a text
and I cannot find the way to evaluate it (The INDIRECT function does
not work...)

Can anybody help please???????

--
Ayrton