Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default How do I show only part of a cell?

Maybe...

I put a button from the Forms toolbar completely in a cell that should be on a
row that behaves like this. (I used column A, but you could put it anywhere in
that row.)

Then I assigned the button, this macro:

Option Explicit
Sub ToggleMe()

Dim BTN As Button
Set BTN = ActiveSheet.Buttons(Application.Caller)

If LCase(BTN.Caption) = LCase("Hide") Then
BTN.TopLeftCell.EntireRow.RowHeight = 12.75
BTN.Caption = "Show"
Else
BTN.TopLeftCell.EntireRow.AutoFit
BTN.Caption = "Hide"

Leslie wrote:

I have a lot of text in one cell. Is it possible for me to show only the
first line, and then put a symbol or something that shows all the other text
when the cursor touches it?

--

Dave Peterson