Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
seadragon69

Default Rows & Columns in Excel

Ok I have worked with Excel for quite awhile. I am now in an office that is
strictly a MacIntosh environment and for the most part Excel works the same
but with a few quirks. My main problem is that every time I open a
worksheet, it is giving me all 65,000 rows and I will never use all of them.
I know there is a way to set the worksheet to open with a certain # of
columns and a certain # of rows. If I want more rows, then I can add them.
You can easily insert more columns, but I can't remember or find the step
where you can select how many rows you want in the worksheet.

For example, we do a lot of spreadsheets with name/address information.
Maybe we will type 1000 names - 1000 rows. However the sheet opens with
65000 rows - which I don't need and when we try to change anything in the
file, it tells us there is not enough memory to even do a simple function
(like deleting a row or more) because of the #of rows in the worksheet -

I know there is an easy way to do this, but my memory is drawing a blank and
I can't find the info in the help section.

Thanks,