Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Father Guido

Default How to stop a file from opening when XL starts?

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:56:10 -0600, Dave Peterson
wrote:

~Open excel and get that rogue file.
~
~type this in A1 (insert a worksheet into that workbook if you need
to):
~
~=cell("filename",a1)
~
~This should give you the path and filename of that file.

Thanks Dave, you've helped me out again. I was looking in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART but couldn't find
anything there, after putting your formula into the spreadsheet I saw
that the real path was C:\Documents and Settings\root\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART to which I went and deleted the rogue
files successfully.

Thanks again!!!

Norm