Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyer

Default Quick and easy labeling

Try this:

Enter 2002.03 in the first cell, and 2003.04 in the second cell.
Select *both* cells and drag to copy.
When finished, and while all the cells are *still selected*, go to <Edit
<Replace,
And replace the decimal with a slash.

Depending on how large your copy range is, you may have to add a zero or two
to the end of some of the cells ending in 10, 20, or 30.
--
HTH,

RD

"mmednick" wrote in
message ...

This solution almost seems to work, but instead of:
2002/03 2003/04 2004/05 .... I wind up with:

2002/03 2002/04 2002/05...

Did I miss something or can someone explain what I should do instead?

the N00bish

--
mmednick
mmednick's Profile: