Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob

Default federal tax tables

I can't seem to get the formula right on this. Here is the example: I have a
field for gross wage and a field for federal tax. The year to date field
increases with each pay period. The YTD spans 2 tax brackets i.e.; <$15,100
is taxed at 10%, $15,100 at 15%. I have been trying to work with the "if"
function. Everything is fine until I hit the threshold then all previous
numbers reset to the higher rate. I'd like to be able to use this as a
template so I really don't want to lock the value in each cell. Should I be
approaching this with a different function?
--
Bob