Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark

Default input mask in excel

Yes, I am familiar with input masks. What I don't understand is why
you need this done that way? Are you transferring the data between
Excel and Access? If that is the case, you could perhaps try using a
custom format like this one...##"/"##"/"## Now if you enter something
like 011005 which would be valid in an Access enviroment, the cell will
still display it as 01/10/05. Hopefully that will do. If not, please
explain Why you need this and maybe I can find some sort of workaround
for you. If you don't know how to format...just check out the help on
custom formats.