Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Minitman

Default Capture the Workbook Name

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the warning. It is appreciated.

Any chance you could help with the conversion problem. (eg. the
result of this formula looks like a date. But when put into a date
cell, the other cells that are linked to it are giving me the #VALUE!
error or "This is not a date!")

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

-Minitman

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:10:59 -0600, Dave Peterson
wrote:

Just a warning...

Change each of the:
CELL("filename")
CELL("filename",A1)

Else you'll get the filename of the activeworkbook when excel calculated.

Minitman wrote:

Greetings,

I have a lot of workbooks with a date as a name (eg. 2004-08.xls or
1999-03.xls). I would like to capture the date portion of this name
with a formula in sheet 'Date' cell 'A4'.

Anyone have any ideas?

Your help is appreciated.

TIA

-Minitman