Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
RagDyer

Default Count rows that match criteria in 2 different column cell ranges

Enter the customer name in D1, and the number of the month in D2, and try
this:

=SUMPRODUCT((customer=D1)*(MONTH(month)=D2))

--
HTH,

RD

"JoAnn" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that lists all customer orders for the year - each

order
is a row. I need to count the number of orders per customer per month.

I'm having trouble figuring out what formula to use to count the number of
rows in which the customer column (a range named "customer") = "xxx" and

the
month column (a range named "month") = 1 (for January).

I've tried several combinations of things and keep getting errors. I've
tried ROWS, COUNTIF, IF with COUNTIFs and/or ROWS, etc. to the point that

I'm
thoroughly confused. I'm sure this is probably simple but I just can't

seem
to see it at this point.

Thanks for your help!
--