Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Default searching for specific text

Hello,
If you do not get a reasonable response, please send the workbook to:

Any confidential information received will not be shared with any persons,
living or presumed dead.

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

"clerk" wrote:

well, maybe you'll know how to do it with the bigger picture. I'll give you
an €Žexample: there is a textbox column that might contain the sentence "a box
of €Žchocolate". I have another column that needs to say what kind of candy
(from a €Žknown list of possibly candy) it is the first column. now I need a
function that will €Žautomatically finds which of the keywords is in the
textbox column and gives the €Žanswer in the second column.€Ž