Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Default Please help with New Database Query

In general, if you select a range and give it a name....MS Query will
recognize it as a data source:

Example for data in Cells A1:Z500, with column headings (EmpID, FName,
Lname, etc):
Select A1:Z500
In the Names box (just above the Col_A heading) type rngMyData1
Press [Enter]

Next, save your workbook.

Then...DataImport External DataNew Database Query
When you navigate to your workbook...MS Query will list rngMyDat1 as a table.

Is that what you mean?
Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

Newbie to New Database Query - Can you change a spreadsheet to a table if so
how? I have a lot of spreadsheets that I would like to work with in New
Database Query. Can this be done. Any help will be greatly appreciated.