Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RestlessAde

Default Linking to Pivot data in another worksheet

Hi,

I use dynamic name ranges within the same worksheet to refer to pivot
tables. I love this tool as it saves me loads of time.

However, I now want to create a dynamic reference to pivot data in a
different worksheet. I've found that you can create a named range that links
to another worksheet, however if you try to use this as a data source for a
pivot table it doesn't work ("Reference not valid"). Has anyone got a work
around for this, or am I resigned to a static external reference?

RA