Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Default Inserting two cell values into a new cell + text

=TEXT(A1,"0")&" - "&TEXT(A2,"0")

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"mmednick" wrote in
message ...

I am likely making this much more difficult than it needs to be...

I need to take the numeric values from two cells and insert them into a
new cell in this format: "898 - 1398". Where 898 and 1398 are numeric
values generated by a formula and are subject to change.

What I have is: =VALUE(A1)&" - "&VALUE(A2)
but the result gives me one or more decimal places in each number
result which I know is a result of the string concatination process.

My question is: How can I rewrite this cell's formula to zero out the
decimal entries form the source cells which is hidden from view due to
its superfluous nature, but makes its way into my string result?

Thanks for the help,
I know I am the N00bish

--
mmednick