Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vinay

Default SUMIF or IF or ???

Awesome !!!! ... I tried this minus one set of brackets around the array
boolean formula. Without that it doesnt work ... Im guessing cause the
multiplication then occurs before the boolean check.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A200={"Banana","Lemon"})*(B1:B200) )

--

HTH

RP

"Vinay" wrote in message
Prolly a simple question.

I need a way to sumif with multiple CHOICES, not criteria.

In other words something like this ..

=sumif(a1:a200,or("Banana","Lemon"),b1:b200)

Id rather not use the formula twice as I am referencing an external

workbook
and have many "Fruits" to choose from. The formula essentially becomes too
long if I add up too many "Fruits"