Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
joeeng

Default Link Updates

I am using Excel 2002. I have 9 workbooks which have extensive linking.
Eight of the workbooks auto update the links when they are opened by
themselves. One workbook, however, gives me the warning that some links
cannot be updated when it is opened by itself. Also, I do not get the
warning when the other two linked workbooks are opened at the same time I
open this workbook. Now, the links do seem to be updating, there are no #REF
errors in the workbook, and the link status window shows all links as OK
(upon opening by itself or when manually updated). Does anyone have any
ideas why this is happening and how to correct it?