Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMKCT

Default Datedif incorrect month count - February problem??

Thought I was losing my mind when I set up some conditional formatting
based on datedif # of months. The number of months between the start
date and the end of January and the end of February (using eomonth
function) were the same. To double check - I input the following
functions manually inserting the date.

=DATEDIF("11/30/2005","02/28/2006","M")
Answer = 2

=DATEDIF("11/30/2005","01/31/2006","M")
Answer = 2

I've used upper and lower case M with no difference. Any thoughts?
I've been using the datedif function for some forecasting and I'm a bit
concerned with this problem.

Thanks, JMK

--
JMKCT