Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Date function/Text issue

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 05:52:02 -0800, "MijC"
wrote:

2. Data is downloaded from our IT database. (I have spoke to them several
times on this issues yet no resolve) It would be recorded at the time of the
transtaction there is a date/text stamp used. How it get thre I am not 100%
sure. Will try to find out. (I know this is the issue, but I need a work
around until this is fixed, if ever)

If that is the case, I think the work around should be to convert the TEXT
strings to real dates.

Let's try a few things.

1. With one of the strings were ISTEXT(cell_ref) = TRUE
1. Copy/Paste into your response the contents of the cell.
2. What is the result of the formula =LEN(cell_ref) ??
(This should tell us if there are any non-printing characters).

2. What happens if you prepend a double unary (--) to the TEXT strings? (i.e.

=--11/13/2005 00:08:03

That might force the string to become a true date/time (number) and, if
it works, we can use a much simpler procedure to apply it to everything. If
that does not work, then the results of procedure 1 above will become
important.

--ron