Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim May

Default CSV file with 13space characters in blank cells

In my office we've just received a recurring report
which has been modified (by someone. Previously
(a CSV file) the Data area (say A1:M30 ) had numbers
or blank cells representing 0 (zero) values.

Now, however the blank cells ARE NOT BLANK (although
they appear blank) all cells without numbers have 13
hard-space values in them, which is causing #VALUE!
problems;

I temporarily added an intermediate sheet with formula:
=IF(ISNUMBER(VALUE(MySheet!B2)),MySheet!B2,0)
to eliminate the #Value! problem; Is there a better way?
I'm sure there is, just not certain at this point in time.
Any input appreciated...
TIA,