Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Three tables on one worksheet, need to hide rows

Make sure this line:
myAddresses = array("b67:b139","b171:b243","B275:b347")
includes all your rows.

You can even get by with:
myAddresses = array("b67:b139,b171:b243,B275:b347")

But you'll still have to make sure you include the rows you want.

Chiku wrote:

Dave, its doing something!! It's hiding all the rows that have the blank
value that are in between upto the last row with data - except that this row
is not the last - how do I get it to look at all the rows within the range?

A little step is better than nothing - I am ready thanking you.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'm guessing that the error occurs on this line:

with worksheets("sheet99")

Change Sheet99 to the correct name.

Chiku wrote:

I copied the code as is, and when I ran it, I got a subscription out of range
error. How do I fix that? Does it make any difference that one of the tables
has a merged column B & C?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

It looks through each cell in each of those ranges. Then if that cell is "", it
hides the row.

(mycell.value = "")

will evaluate to true or false depending on what's in that cell.

Chiku wrote:

Dave thanks for the code, do you mind telling me what it says - I apologize
that my knowledge of codes is limited, but once I am told what it means, I am
able to follow and troubleshoot any problems I might have.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

One way:

option explicit
sub testme01()
dim myAddresses as variant
dim myCell as range
dim iCtr as long

myAddresses = array("b67:b139","b171:b243","B275:b347")

with worksheets("sheet99")
for ictr = lbound(myaddresses) to ubound(myaddresses)
for each mycell in .range(myaddresses(ictr)).cells
mycell.entirerow.hidden = (mycell.value = "")
next mycell
next ictr
end with

end sub

Chiku wrote:

Despite my limitation with writing codes, I need to find a simple to follow
code to hide rows without information in a specific column in three tables
that I have on a single spreadsheet. The information on all these tables
comes from another spreadsheet within the workbook hence upon changed to it,
the information in my tables also changes.

The table ranges are A67:I139, A171:I243 and A275-I347
They have the same number of rows but varying number of columns due to some
merged columns. I want to hide rows that are blank in column 2 (in other
words, display rows that are non-blank in column 2 in all the tables.
Is this something that I can do with a code.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson