Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pandora

Default Filter: Multiple values in a cell

Sorry if this was covered here before - spent long time searching...

I'm trying to use excel as a database ;)
I have a very long Excel table that lists the features in the
application.

Easy part: I need to keep an information about the customer who
requested this particular feature and to be able to sort the list of
features by the customer name.
So the easiest way will be to add a column with the customer name in it
and auto-filter by this column.

Hard part: one feature can be requested by multiple customers. So
somehow I need to put multiple customer names into one cell and still
be able to filter.

Eben harder: I need to have also the version column (and if this
feature was implemented in two different versions - again - I should
havea multiple values in this cell and be able to filter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
~p

--