Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default How do i analyse visible rows only in excel?

Here is an example where B2:b20 is filtered, and a condition in A2:A20 is
tested

=SUMPRODUCT((SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET($B$1,ROW($B$2:$B$20 )-ROW($B$1),,1)))*(C2:C20=
"a"))

--

HTH

RP

"Dr Happy" <Dr wrote in message
I have created a worksheet consisting of columns consisting of name, work
group ( a 2 digit alpha numeric), gender and then some numerical data. I

want
to autofilter on work group and then perform analysis on only the visible
rows left. Obviously I only want 1 summary row at the bottom which will
change as I apply different criteria to the auto filter (by selecting
different work groups). I can get count functions to work with sub-total

but
I need to use the countif function. Any clues?