Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vic

Default Set up Macro *PLEASE HELP IMPORTANT*

I'm trying to set up a macro so when i open up my bank file i could separate
all of my different accounts "pools" and i did the filter which worked well I
did the filter and it worked
but one problem is when i tried it for a previous day it looked for the
rows that i highlighted and this messed it up. there are times that i
might have 50 rows and otehr times i might have 100 rows so i need to set
it up where after i do the filter it will catch all the lines that are
there.

your help is greatly appreciated.

December 2, 2005 - 10:21 AM

Thanks for your quick response.. Here is my macro

Cells.Select
Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit
Selection.AutoFilter
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="3"
Rows("1105:1333").Select
Selection.Cut
Sheets("DMAFILED0548D").Select
Sheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste
Sheets("DMAFILED0548D").Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="4"
Rows("1336:1436").Select
Selection.Cut
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=201
Range("A230").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Sheets("Sheet1").Name = "Separate"
Sheets("DMAFILED0548D").Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="23"
Rows("1475:1479").Select
Selection.Cut
Sheets("DMAFILED0548D").Select
Sheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste
Sheets("DMAFILED0548D").Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="24"
Rows("1482:1548").Select
Selection.Cut
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("A6").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Sheets("Sheet2").Name = "Pru-Arizona"
Cells.Select
Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit
Sheets("Separate").Select
Cells.Select
Range("A202").Activate
Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit
End Sub

you see in the "ROWS" lines it shows the line numbers I highlighted, now
tmrw it might be more lines i need to bring over to the other worksheet or it
might be less lines. that's my problem..