Peo Sjoblom

A couple of ways, the easiest would be to use advanced filter,
datafilteradvanced filter, select unique records only and preferably copy
to another location,

then use a simple counta

=COUNTA(Range)

(deduct 1 for the header)

if you filter in place use subtotal

=SUBTOTAL(3,Range)

or you could use an array formula, cannot be entered in the first row since
it uses
the same column and the row above where it's first entered

=INDEX(Range,MATCH(0,COUNTIF($I$1:I1,Range),0))

is how it would look if it is entered in cell I2, enter it with
ctrl + shift & enter and copy down until you get an error

Peo Sjoblom

"kbeilers" wrote in message
I want to display all the unique names in a column, but I can't find a
"unique" command. I also want to be able to count all the unique names in
the column.

Ideas?