Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default Advancing Down A List

Assuming names are listed in Sheet1, in A1 down

In Sheet2,

Put in the starting cell, say, A1:
=IF(MOD(ROW(A1),3)=1,
INDIRECT("Sheet1!A"&INT((ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)/3)+1),"")

Copy A1 down as far as required

The above will return the names from Sheet1 in sequence,
interspersed with 2 blank rows in-between each name
--
Rgds
Max
"Minitman" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have a list of names in column A of sheet 1, I want to have a
dynamic copy of this list in column A of sheet 2. Sheet 2 uses 3 rows
per record and sheet one uses one row per record.
I tried the usual A2+1 in A3 and got the #VALUE! error.

How can I advance each record on sheet 2 so that it matches sheet 1?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Minitman