David McRitchie

Haven't that one come up very frequently anymore.
also see Harold Staff's post to help you clear out unused formats
with his updated code in
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp02
probably a lot more useful than the MS KB article.

The links are on my if you want the check out the original articles
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...sp.htm#formats
---
HTH,

"tjtjjtjt" wrote in message ...
Find some info he

You're likely going to have to clear some formatting and format from scratch.

tj

"Nanette" wrote:

I have a large spreadsheet with many different formats. I now get an error
message that states "Too Many Different Cell Formats". Is there something
that would allow me to continue with adding more different cell formats?

Also, as I have been trying to get consistency in my document, I keep
getting the error message and am not allowed to bring consistency to the
formatting.