Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMay

Default Code needed to find records from bottom up

Andy,
As a learning experience I created a small test case of
what you have described. Creating data in the Range
A1:E25 << with Row 1 being the Header rows for the data
and Column A being your Dates (in acsending order - with duplicates)..

I put this is a standard module, and it seems to work.
It's maybe not pretty, but from my limited understand
"it works", so what the heck.. just thought I'd send it
in FWIW..
Jim

Sub Foo()
Dim rg As Range
Dim Lrow As Integer
Dim Rcount As Integer
Dim Mydate As Date
Dim StartCell As String
Dim i As Integer
Lrow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
Set rg = Range("A1:E" & Lrow)
Rcount = rg.Rows.Count
StartCell = Range("A" & Lrow).Address
Range(StartCell).Select
MsgBox "You have " & Rcount - 1 & " records currently."
Mydate = InputBox("What date are you looking for?")
For i = Rcount To 1 Step -1
If ActiveCell.Value < Mydate Then
GoTo ComeHere
End If
If ActiveCell.Value = Mydate Then
MsgBox "You have a match on row " & ActiveCell.Row
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select
Next i

ComeHe
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
MsgBox "That's all"
End Sub

"Andy" wrote in message

I have a database that is arranged in chronological order sorted by date in
ascending order, I want to find records from bottom of the database up. More,
if I need to find the next matching record, I want to find next again from
the bottom up that is one row up from the first found record.

Can someone provide code to do that. Thanks

Ps What I have been doing is to sort the database by date by decending order
first then do a normal find.