Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lost4Now

Default Excel file automatically opens

Once I've open my Trouble.xls file, the file automatically opens
whenever I open any other file. This occurs if I close the Trouble.xls
file and open another file without exiting EXCEL - 97 and 2000 versions.
If I begin EXCEL with any other file everything runs fine until I open
the Trouble.xls file. From then on the Trouble.xls file will not go
away until I exit EXCEL.

If I close the Trouble.xls file while any other file is also open, the
Trouble.xls file closes, however, opens right up again.

The Trouble.xls file is not listed in the EXCEL/Startup thing-a-ma-jig.
I've searched the File/Properties thing-a-ma-jig and see nothing out of
line.

Any thoughts where to look?

Thanks from Lost4Now

--