Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nav

Default Sumproduct and Vlookup

The formulae is the same for a whole column, the vlookup works for the whole
col, but the sum product does not work in any cell in the col. Hence I was
testing the sumproduct formuale in the cell below where the vlookup was
working.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

"Ken Wright" wrote:

You have AA4 in one formula and AA5 in another????

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------
------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------

"Nav" wrote in message
I have a list of data in a different worksheet, and if I use vlookup ie.

=VLOOKUP(AA4,'Dump'!$A$1:$DB$151,91,FALSE) -

It brings back a value, however if I use Sumproduct

=SUMPRODUCT('Dump'!CQ3:CQ101=Holdings!AA5)*('Dump' !CL3:CL101)

It brings back 0, does anyone know why this is?

The reason I need to use sumproduct is because some IDs have more that 1
row
of data, so I need to sum it.

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas.