Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Default Sorting

Whether you use a macro, do your sort manually, or use the sort button, or your own button
you probably want to select all cells on the worksheet or use cells. for the range;
otherwise you are putting your data at risk.

Read about sorting and why you do not want to select one cell, and use the
current range Ctrl+* based on a single cell.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm
--
---
HTH,

"FloatingBubbles" wrote in message
How do I go about setting up a single cell at the top of the worksheet that
with one click, it will sort the whole table? They have it set up to do that
with the worksheets at work and I'd like to be able to do it here at home.