Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
0-0 Wai Wai ^-^

Default average if, multiple if, divide if

--
Additional information:
- I'm using Office XP

?????????. ??????, ???????!!
My ability is very limited. Hope you will not mind to enlighten me if I do
wrongly.
"Jerry W. Lewis" ???
???...
=AVERAGE(IF(condition,range))

array entered (CTRL-Shift-Enter)

An example would help me understand what you mean by "multiple if" and
"divide if".

Jerry

Thanks.
I think I get your idea how to do "multiple/divide if".
For example, just like average, we only multiple/divide the numbers if they are
non-zero positive numbers.
So the answers a

=product(IF(condition,range))
=quotient(IF(condition,range))
array entered (CTRL-Shift-Enter)

And it can be extended to:
=mode(IF(condition,range))
=median(IF(condition,range))
=stdev(IF(condition,range))
array entered (CTRL-Shift-Enter)

....although I can't really read what this array forumla means to computers and
understand why this kind of formula works like a charm :P

0-0 Wai Wai ^-^ wrote:

Hi.
I would like to do some conditional math (which is similar to sumif)
- average if: For numbers which are higher than 0 only, find their

mode/average
- multiple if
- divide if

Thanks!