Frank Kabel

Hi
this can't be achieved with formulas. You can't have both in a cell: a
value and a formula. This would require VBA

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"milt" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

This may be trivial but it has stumped me for some time. I need an IF
statement of the form:

=IF(CURRENT STEP STEP 1, LEAVE VALUE UNCHANGED, CALCULATE VALUE

USING
CURRENT VARIABLES)

There is a 13 step process, with one column per step, cols B - N. If

in
step one the value of B1 is calculated to be "Y", then I want it to
remain "Y" throughout the other steps; hence, the first two

components
of the above statement--if we are beyond step 1 leave the step 1

value
unchanged. The problem is I can't find a successful way to leave the
value unchanged. I have tried UPPER(B1), simply uppercasing what is
there, and I have tried VALUE(B1)*1, multiplying by one, but in each
case it creates a circular reference and that screws up other things.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Milt

--
milt

---