JulieD

Hi Dean

how are you "formatting it as a zip code" ... what actual steps do you take?
(i'm in Australia and our postcodes are different to your zip codes so i'm
not actually sure what you mean when you say that you are formatting it as a
zip code).

what happens if you try the method i outlined in my last post - do you see
the 0 in print preview?

Cheers
JulieD

" wrote
in message ...
Julie,
We format it as a zip code they will show them but they then disappear
at
print. If we format the cell as text and it will show in the cell and
print.
Thanks Dean

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Dean

excel doesn't know what you've entered into a cell, it only recognises
the
"type" of data (text, number, date etc) .. so it won't know that you've
entered zip codes and therefore won't "treat" them in a special way.

However, i'm interested in HOW you formatted the cells to show the
leading
0, as when i do this using format / cells / custom ... and type in 00000
and
click OK
the leading zeros not only show up in the cell they show when i do print
preview ... so i'm not sure why your zeros show in the cell but not in
print
preview.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"
wrote
in message ...
Help...When I format a zip code file it appears in the field to show
the
"0"
at the beginning of the field but it does not show when I print. The
only
work around is change it to text. I thought a zip code would recognize
it
as
a zero. any idears....