Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

Default Strange Calculation Error in Excel

You can't correct the error. It's how computers have worked since day one. It
happens because computers convert from decimal to binary, and not all
conversions are perfect.

To avoid to problem, use the Round function, as in

=Round(a4-b4,2)

Fred

"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" wrote in message

Hi.
I have a table of numbers, and I do some simple Math based on this data.
Eg:
4.1 4.1 3.97 4.03
4.15 4.15 4.1 4.1

For the formula "=A4-B4", the answer given is
"-0.069999999999999400000000000000"
It should be just -0.07.

Then I checked the value for A4 & B4, the values a
4.030000000000000000000000000000
4.100000000000000000000000000000

What's wrong with Excel?
How can I correct this error?
PS: If anyone wishes to see the original Excel file, please leave your email
address here. Thanks!

--
Additional information:
- I'm using Office XP

本人的能力非常有**. 如有不當之處, 望識者不吝賜正!!
My ability is very limited. Hope you will not mind to enlighten me if I do
wrongly.