Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default How do I lookup data with two comparison values?

Hi!

When you say "spreadsheetA" and "spreadsheetB", do you mean separate files?

Here's how to do it using 2 worksheets in the same workbook.

In sheet1 C2 enter any one of these formulas as an array using the key combo
of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=INDEX(Sheet2!C2:C11,MATCH(1,(Sheet2!A2:A11=A2)*(S heet2!B2:B11=B2),0))

=INDEX(Sheet2!C2:C11,MATCH(A2&B2,Sheet2!A2:A11&She et2!B2:B11,0))

=INDEX(Sheet2!C2:C11,MATCH(A2&"@"&B2,Sheet2!A2:A11 &"@"&Sheet2!B2:B11,0))

You might be able to use a much less complex formula depending on the the
data type you're trying to return but since you didn't include those
details.................we're left to guess!

Biff

"Tiziano" wrote in message
I would like to insert a function in spreadsheet A that looks up data in
spreadsheet B based on _two_ comparison values.
The two comparison values in spreadsheet A would always be in the same row
and the corresponding match in spreadsheet B would also have to be in the
same row.
For instance, if the comparison values in cells A2 and B2 of spreasheet A
match with the comparison values in cells A30:B30 of spreadsheet B, then
show the value that is in column C30 of spreasheet B.
I sure hope I was clear enough... Any help is appreciated!!
--
tb