Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default How to reset all enteries on the worksheet?

Aploogies Dori

I guess I should have wondered why you wanted ALL data cleared.

You just want the constants cleared <doh

This will clear just numerics, which would include dates.

Sub cleardata()
Dim ws As Worksheet
With ws
.Unprotect Password:="justme"
.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 21).ClearContents
.Protect Password:="justme"
End With
Next ws
End Sub

No error checking. Will crash if no numeric data on a sheet.

Gord

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:30:04 -0800, "DORI"
wrote:

Hi Gord,
Thanks for the code. When I ran the macro, it gave me an error message that
I have to unprotect the sheet (I have protected certain cells with formulas
and info for users). I did that and then my entire worksheet was cleared
including all my formulas in the cells.
Dori

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

DORI

Try this macro.

Sub clearall()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim n As Single
For n = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(n).Cells.ClearContents
Next n
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:32:02 -0800, "DORI"
wrote:

Thank you so much FinRazel. I followed your instructions and it worked. My
only question is if this works only for the active worksheet. It would be
great if I could apply this to the entire workbook to clear multiple
worksheets with one click.
Dori

"FinRazel" wrote:

Try This:
Add dummy data everywhere you want deletable.
Go to Tools-Macro-Record New Macro
Name your macro, click OK
Holding down Ctrl, click everywhere you will delete, this will highlight
them all at the same time.
Hit the delete key
Stop recording your Macro (the little box button on the record macros toolbar)
Add a button to you worksheet using the Forms Toolbar.
Right-click on the button, click "assign macro"
Highlight your new macro.

Your good to go.
--
Anne Murray

"DORI" wrote:

Is it possible to press a cell on the worksheet to clear all entered data in
the entire worksheet?
I have a worksheet that users enter several data in different pages and then
print a report. The next user will have to clear all eneries and then enter
their own data before printing the next report. At this time, we close the
program and reopen it which is a bit of pain, just wondering if we could
create a key (let call it "Reset all Forms" on the worksheet to press and
clear all data.
I appreciate any comments in advance.
Dori