Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CCW

Default How do I split a cell into 3 different cells in excel?

I have found this problem long after it has been posted but I do a lot of
spread sheets and "HAD" the same problem. The previous comments were all
true as far as I know, but the trick to achieve what you are trying to do is
to:

= Type the Heading into the 1st of the Three Cells
= Select All 3 Cells
= Format
= Alignment
= Horizontal
= Scroll Down to Center Across Selection & Select

This allows you to Sort the Data As Well.

Note - Do Not Put any information into the the cells to the right of the
first cell where the heading is.

"K8" wrote:

I'm trying to build a spreadsheet with 3 columns and then on the second row
one of the columns is split into 3 but I don't know how to do this!!