Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default drop down list

Use VLOOKUP formulas in the the price and size columns.

For more on that Function see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Also see Debra's site for info on Data Validation lists with drop-down box for
entering the customer names.

Might be useful.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:29:02 -0800, "helgaas"
wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to use a drop down list to make a quote sheet.
I have a list of items that have details such as price and size. What i want
to happen is for me to pick the name of the item from a drop down list and
have the other cells with the price and size to fill into their assigned
cell. any suggestions?