Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Default Display a digit before or after the decimal point in another cell

If number is in A1, the second digit to the left of the decimal is extracted
with =MOD(INT(A1/10),10)

If number is in A1, the first digit to the right of the decimal is extracted
with =INT(MOD(A1*10,10))
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Robert Monks" <Robert wrote in message
I want to be able to display the number that is so many spaces to the left
and right of the decimal point. Example: 1234.56 How do I put the
second digit to the left of the decimal point (number 3) in a different
cell
in Excel? How do I put the first digit to the right of the decimal point
(number 5) in a different cell in Excel? What function would I use?