Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

Default Display a digit before or after the decimal point in another cell

=(MOD(A1,10^3)-MOD(A1,10^2))/(10^2) will get you the digit three to the left.
Adjust all three exponents up/down by one to move one digit left/right.

"Robert Monks" wrote:

I want to be able to display the number that is so many spaces to the left
and right of the decimal point. Example: 1234.56 How do I put the
second digit to the left of the decimal point (number 3) in a different cell
in Excel? How do I put the first digit to the right of the decimal point
(number 5) in a different cell in Excel? What function would I use?