Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mike_vr

Default Simple If, Then formula for excel

Thanks Bob,

You make it seem to simply, thanks!
"Bob Umlas" wrote:

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"<0",A1:A100) will total the negative ones
=SUMIF(A1:A100,"0",A1:A100) will total the positive ones.
Adjust range A1:A100 as needed.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"mike_vr" wrote in message
Hi all,

So I am fairly weak when it comes to Excel formulas, so I'm sure what I
require is really simple, I just have no idea how to formulate it.

Basically, I have a column of values, some of which are negative values
and
some are positive, but they are changing from month to month (i.e.
accruals
and prepayments). I need to add up all the negative values from the column
in
a new cell, and all the positive values in another.

So it will be something like If amount0 then add to cell, else add to
other
cell.

So there you have it, really simple I just have no idea what to do. So if
anyone has time could they have a crack at it.

Thanks,
Mike