Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zmr325

Default Help with this Formlua

Hi Bob,

Just got your new email. Thanks for posting! Something is working. Now I
have to go through manually to see if that is reading everything correctly.
I appreciate all of your time and help.

Best Regards,
NOel ZImmerman

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Evening Noel (UK),

--

HTH

RP

"zmr325" wrote in message
Good morning Bob,

I am sorry that the BUY and SELL are probably going to need to be in
separate columns. I can try to play with them to see if I can combine but

don't think that that will be a good idea. I just got home from work,
nightshift 8pm to 6am so I don't think that I am going to work on it until
later this evening. I also got some stop info when I wrote the array but

not
sure if it is reading correctly.

Here is an alternative allowing BUY and Sell to be in separate columns

In J2, enter

=MAX(2,MAX(IF(F$2:F2<"",ROW(F$2:F2))),MAX(IF(G$2: G2<"",ROW(G$2:G2))))

In H2, enter

=IF(F2<"","",IF(OR(AND(INDEX($F$1:$F$1000,J2)="BU Y",INDEX($E$1:$E$1000,J2)-
5E2),AND(INDEX($G$1:$G$1000,J2)="SELL",INDEX($E$1 :$E$1000,J2)+5<E2)),"STOP"
,""))

both are array formula, so after copying them to the formula bar,
Ctrl-Shift-Enter together.

I have tried it again with your data, shifting the SELLs over

It is quite a complex analysis, so it might not be right, but can you
highlight where it is going wrong, anjd in what way?

Here is a thought. I think that I have to
have the buy stop off of the low price, this is because if in that period

the
close may not hit the stop price but the low definately has to or doesn't.
Same for the sell stop using the high price for calculation, because the
close may not touch the stop price but the high definately will or not.

I have absolutely no idea what all of that meant. Do you mean BUY should
compare agaisnt column D not E, and the SELL should compare against C?

Thanks again for all of your help.

If this makes money, does that mean you give up the night-shifts?