Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
B. R.Ramachandran

Default Iterative process,

Hi,

If you just want the optimized values of the parameters, A (y-intercept) and
B (slope), do one of the following.

(1) If you want a graphical representation of your data and the linear fit,
make a plot of y (B1:B100) vs x (A1:A100) first, and then
right click on any data point on the plot -- "Add Trendline" -- under
"Options" Tab check "Display equation on chart" -- "OK"

(2) If you only need the optimized values of A and B (and not the graph),
you can just enter the following formulas in two cells.

=SLOPE(B1:B100,A1:A100)
=INTERCEPT(B1:B100,A1:A100)

You can also use LINEST function if you want to obtain the
standard-deviations in A and B as well.

By "How do I do iteration for Y = A + BX?", you meant accomplishing more
than merely obtaining the optimized values of A and B, my apologies for
misunderstanding your question.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"bioyyy" wrote:

Hello,

I need some help please. I'd like to do a simple iterative process of a
linear model. For example,

X values in (A1:A100)
Y values in (B1:B100)

How do I do iteration for Y = A + BX? Thanks