Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cellzman

Default Return a value by referencing row and column labels?

I have a report I use that has more info than I need to deal with. I would
like to be able to create a worksheet that would allow me to pull information
from that report by referncing the labels that have the information. For
example, I might want to know how many sales a rep has. I want Excel to go
into the report and look for New Sales along the top and Sarah along the side
and give me the number. The position of this data changes frequently, so I
cannot reference cell locations or columns and rows. Can this be done in
Excel?