Myrna Larson

No, Excel doesn't automatically delete things (thank heavens!). But the two
rows you show are not duplicates. One has +20 hours, the other -20 hours.

If they WERE complete duplicates, you could use Data/Filter/Advanced Filter
select Unique Records, and copy to another location. That new list will have
no duplicates.

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:09:03 -0800, musicgirl
wrote:

Is there a way that I can have my excel worksheet automatically delete
repeats? For example: I have sorted by name, date and hours and have items
like this:

John Smith, 10/1/2004, 20 hours
John Smith, 10/1/2004, -20hours

Is there anyway to automatically have these items automatically deleted?