Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Default Italicizing in Excel

Annoying, is it not; but Excel does not carry the format over with =cell_ref
when used in a chart.
Looks like a VBA solution is needed.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"acacia" wrote in message
I am trying to create a graph with a variety of Series of Data. I am able
select a cell for the Series Name. The problem is that the Chart's font
formatting overrides the formatting that I have assigned in the cell.

My desire is to put some sort of name such as ABCDEF with the letters ABC
(and only ABC) italicized. I am able to make either all things in the
graph
italics or none (even though they show up in the cell of the spread sheet
the
way I desire). Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks,